Electrical Repair Service
Licensed Electricians and Electrical Repair
Need Electrical Repair?
Call a professional electrician you can trust.
Every homeowner will eventually encounter an electrical problem that requires the attention of an experienced electrician. If you need electrical repairs for a residential or commercial property in Newport News, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, or anywhere else in the Hampton Roads community, the team at Colonial Electrical Services can help. We have experience with all types of electrical repairs, from broken outlets and light sockets to repairing wiring systems after major storms and floods.
At Colonial Electrical Services, our team has the experience to successfully and properly repair any electrical problem. Whether you need an outlet moved or a ceiling fan replace, we have the expertise and training to do the job efficiently and to code. Call Colonial Electrical Services today.
Professional Electrical Repairs
Our Electricians are On-Call and Standing By. Call Now!
Professional Electrical Repair
Electricians On-Call and Standing By.
Common Electrical Problems Requiring Repairs
Some electrical problems result from accidental misuse of a structure’s electrical system, such as placing a larger load on an outlet than it can safely handle or using the wrong type of connection for an appliance. Other problems arise from natural disasters, such as floods, hurricanes, and severe storms. Some of the most common electrical repairs we handle at Colonial Electrical Services include:
- Flickering lights during high winds, a problem commonly caused by frayed wiring in the outdoor fitting for the structure’s power supply.
- Missing GFCIs. Some older homes may not have ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs), which shut down circuits in milliseconds when they detect contact with water and prevent electrocution.
- Over-wired panels. A structure’s power panel can only handle so much. If careless electrical technicians have overloaded a structure’s panel, it could easily lead to dangerous overloads or failures.
- Outdated wiring. Some older homes and commercial buildings have outdated wiring that will eventually become serious electrical fire hazards.
- Loose or ungrounded receptacles. If your devices fall out of your electrical sockets, the sockets may have loose contacts. Ungrounded or two-prong receptacles do not have any way to conduct stray currents that escape connected wires.
- Dead outlets. A tripped connection or breaker can potentially lead to arcing, the most common cause of electrical fires.
- Warm outlets. Except for dimmer switches, electrical outlets and switches should not become warm at all. These issues require immediate attention.
- Frequently tripped breakers. This issue commonly appears when a circuit is overloaded and using too much electricity.
- Physical damage from storms. Virginia is a coastal area, and severe storms are common throughout the state. If your home suffers storm damage, it’s likely that the power system sustained damage as well. We can diagnose and repair electrical problems caused by physical damage to your home or business.
These are just a few of the most common issues we help Virginia property owners solve. Our team understands that not every property owner will be able to identify serious power issues immediately and may dismiss some of these problems as minor inconveniences. However, we urge all property owners to contact us if they detect any issues with their electrical systems, no matter how small, just to be safe.
Working With Colonial Electrical Services
When you need assistance with a power issue on your property, choose an experienced electrical repair service that can solve the problem quickly and safely. Colonial Electrical Services has more than 40 years of experience handling all types of electrical repairs for our customers in Newport News, Chesapeake, Williamsburg, and the rest of the Hampton Roads community.
Contact Colonial Electrical Services today for more information about our experience with various common electrical problems and schedule your repair service.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Read what customers had to say about our Electricians & Service:
They show up when they say they will and get the job done right. I recommend them to anyone in need of electrical service including my family and friends.
Always professional, courteous and work completed on time. A must add to your address book for any electrical service you may need.
We will be calling Colonial for ALL of our future electrical requirements. Thanks again Colonial for providing such quick & professional service
I was very impressed with their professionalism and would not hesitate to recommend or use them again.
Thank you again